The Paulin Pack

The Paulin Pack

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Celebrating 6 Years at 25 Weeks


Last weekend (Sunday, May 26th) was our 6-year wedding anniversary. Where has the time gone?! I cannot believe that we have already been married for 6 years and, even crazier, have been together for 10 years now! The best years of our lives have been with one another and it's so exciting to see how far we have come over the past 10 years. 

To celebrate, we went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Cincinnati, Jeff Ruby's The Precinct. This is one of our go-to spots for special occasions. It is a steakhouse in Mt. Lookout in a building that used to be a police station. The food is unbelievable... we joke that if we ever win the lottery, we will be dining at The Precinct weekly instead of yearly... I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Here are some photos from our anniversary date.












This weekend also marked my 25th week of pregnancy. Moving right along with only 15 weeks left to go! I feel like I'm getting bigger by the day, but ever since that first trimester sickness/exhaustion has passed, I have loved being pregnant. 
The past several weeks have been filled with lots of movement! I knew to expect to start feeling the baby kick, but I did not know how awesome it would be! I first started to feel her little flutters around week 18. But I felt them once or twice and then nothing for the next couple weeks. Then one night I was laying in bed reading and I felt the first kick! Forget the flutters, this was a full-on karate kick! This happened around week 20 and ever since then, the kicks and movements happen more often. Any time I sit still (or especially lay down), I get little reminders (sometimes big reminders) of our sweet baby girl. This has been my favorite part of pregnancy. I love feeling her move because it reassures me that she's doing good. Nick has already attributed her strong kicks to her seemingly strong legs which, of course, come from her dad and which, of course, means she will be a runner. We will just have to wait and see. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment