The Paulin Pack

The Paulin Pack

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Evolution of a Nursery (Part 1)

Our nursery is coming together! A couple of weeks ago, Baby Kate's room looked like a guest bedroom without any purpose (and without any design). Last night, our friend John finished painting the room and I am just in love with it! After hours upon hours of looking at paint color swatches, we finally honed in on 3 colors that we liked: a gray, a pink, and a navy for accent. Holy cow... could there possibly be any more shades of pink to choose from?! We changed our minds on the pink at least 3 times.

I was scared to death that I would walk into the nursery when he was finished painting and hate at least one of the colors we picked out. Thankfully, I loved our choices! We didn't do too bad for being rookies at this nursery thing. Now we are just waiting for her furniture to come in and to be delivered... hopefully not too much longer! Here are some photos we have snapped over the past few weeks as the nursery has come together, bit by bit.

After the guest bed was removed... before the new paint.

Kate's ever-growing pile of "stuff"... there's more in the room next door.


Eek!
We found these letters and shelves at Hobby Lobby. Going to incorporate them into the nursery somehow.


Finally! A final selection of colors: Fog, Cavalry, and Silver Strawberry!


 Painting is FINISHED! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment