The Paulin Pack

The Paulin Pack

Monday, December 2, 2013

Back to Work for Mom...

On Monday, December 2nd, the dreaded day had arrived. It was time for me to go back to work. This was incredibly hard for me. I had thought that it would be a little easier, since Kate was able to stay home with Nick for the month of December, but it was still really difficult. I cried the whole way into work for the first 3 days. Then it did start to get a little easier, day by day. Nick and Kate would FaceTime me at lunch and Nick was always sending pictures and answering my relentless text messages of "How is she doing??".

On a positive note, it was good to get back to work and see my colleagues. I missed my 5th grade team very much and it was nice to have the adult interaction returned to my life. It also felt great to get up in the morning, put makeup on, and get dressed up. I felt like I had lived in my pajamas from August 17th until December (not necessarily a bad thing). Here are some of those precious pictures that brightened my days when I first returned to work. Note: all outfits and hair-dos were done by Daddy.








No comments:

Post a Comment