The Paulin Pack

The Paulin Pack

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Kate's First Thanksgiving

We spent Kate's first Thanksgiving in Hawesville/Tell City with family. This was a big deal because it was Kate's first big trip in the car. She slept the entire way there and the entire way back! Before this, the farthest she had been from home was to Louisville on day trips to Nick's sister's home. So happy our Thanksgiving trip was a success! She did a great job!

On Thanksgiving day, we were at my parents. They were so thrilled to finally have Kate visit. My mom (Kate's Grammy) had our room all ready for us, complete with a crib for Kate and A LOT of toys and baby gear. Kate actually slept through the Thanksgiving meal!

My mom and I have an annual tradition of going Black Friday shopping. I knew this would be a little difficult with breastfeeding, so we went shopping on Thanksgiving night after putting Kate to bed. We had a great time and Kate slept the entire time we were gone... I think her first trip wore her out!

On Friday and Saturday we spent time with Nick's family at his grandma's house, as well as some of my relatives who came to my parents to visit. Everyone loved spending time with Kate and it was so precious to see her meet so many family members! We returned home on Saturday so that we could have Sunday at home before I had to return to work on Monday, something I was completely dreading. But we so enjoyed Kate's first Thanksgiving and were ready to count down to Kate's first Christmas!






















No comments:

Post a Comment