Kate is finally sleeping in her crib all night! A couple weeks ago we started the transition from bassinet to crib (yet again) and decided this time we were not giving up... we called this Crib-ageddon. Every night we would put her to bed in her crib and keep her there until she started waking up every hour or two, and then move her back to her bassinet so that we could all enjoy just a few hours of sleep before the arrival of morning. For the first week, she would make it in her crib until about 1 or 2 am. Then last Saturday night she woke up crying and when I looked at the clock, it was 3 am! Before that night, she would have already been awake 2 or 3 times! That was the only time she woke up that night and it was because she was hungry. Believe me, I have no problem waking up once with her at night to feed her. Once feels like nothing after you're used to waking up 3 or 4 times every night. What's even better is she requires no rocking, bouncing, pacing to be put to sleep anymore. We lay her down in her crib awake and she goes right to sleep, usually even before we can get the monitor turned on!
So she has been sleeping wonderfully in her crib, all night for about a week (I wanted to wait before posting anything about it on here as I am a believer in the power of jinxing oneself). However, for the past couple of nights, she has slept ALL NIGHT, sleeping from 8pm to 5 or 6am! What a blessing sleep is... I think she finally is realizing that it is truly
awesome.
Some pics after the first night she slept in her crib all night. Notice how well-rested she looks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment