The Paulin Pack

The Paulin Pack

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

One Year Old

On August 17, 2014, Kate turned one year old! This is a little unbelievable to me. I feel like I blinked and then this year was gone. It's amazing how much this little person changed, grew, and learned in this wonderful first year of her life.

We had a birthday party for her so that her family could celebrate her and all she means to us. I had always said I was not going to do anything too big, but when you have months of summer off from work leading up to the birthday party, you have some time to plan! Our theme was giraffes with yellow and gray as the colors. Family (and those considered family) traveled a long way to celebrate our beautiful girl. It was such a great day and I can't wait to tell Kate about it and show her the pictures as she gets older!

I didn't have a cupcake tower, so I made this out of wrapped boxes (and Kate's Sophie). I also made the cupcake wrappers.


These were Kate's monthly pictures enlarged to 5x7's and strung across the back wall of our kitchen.

We made a slide show of all Kate's pictures from her first year and played them on the Apple TV. The guests really enjoyed this!





















































Happy first birthday, Kate! I want you to always know that you are so special to me and Daddy. Your smile lights up a room and brightens our lives. You are so sweet, funny, smart, happy, and you bring joy to everyone around you. We love watching you grow and learn! We are so happy that God picked us to be your Mommy and Daddy. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment